Post by xion2000 »

Copy of my log from that day attached Jonathan
Attachments
SolarDashboard log 15-04-21.docx
(45.32 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
xion2000

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by xion2000 »

All appears to be working well now Jonathan with the data collection to HA set at 4 items.
A couple of questions / requests for future firmware revisions
1. The facility to add Username & Password to MQTT settings
2. The ability to select which items are displayed on the dashboard from the settings menu such as turning off Load Watts, Volts & Amps (I do not use the load output from my Charge Controller) rather than disabling them on the main screen each time.
3. Add "Battery State of Charge" which I think is the only item the Epever software displays but the SolarDashboard does not
Istvan

Post by Istvan »

Hi
I've got my logger up and running with an Epever charger, the only issue is that I get the "Troubling Developments! I Wasn't Able to Check for Improvements. Don't You Want Me to Improve? Please Connect me to an Internet Enabled WiFi" message. It's strange because Cloud connection is working (mostly. not right now).
Suggestions?

FW version is:
Version: 4.0-2d5693-2021-03-24-04-38
Update Channel: stable
Controller Type: epever-rs485

I would also add to xion2000's 3rd point the two temperatures, device and battery, it would be nice to see them as well.

Since there is no way to connect another device to the charger how do you guys proceed when you need to change something in the configuration?
If there's no better solution, I'm thinking about routing the AB lines trough a relay to switch comm to my RS485-Ethernet converter.
Please advise
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Hi Istvan,

The troubling developments message is due to not being able to communicate with update server.

You should be able to connect the ethernet converter as well, since RS485 is a bus. You'll need to fashion a custom wire.