Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
cheezemanrich
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by cheezemanrich » Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:40 pm

Not sure if you tried it but... Last time I thought my Tracer RS485 port died, I just had to completely power cycle the Tracer and it started working again.

fredivar
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by fredivar » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:46 pm

jonathan wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:12 pm
fredivar wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:09 pm
Hi,
Also interested in the cloud service as I have a summer cottage with a 4GModem with WiFi, so a I can access my camera which is cloud based too. And as written here earlier, mobile broadband modems get different IP addresses every time, so difficult to access via IP address.
Best regards Fred Ivar, Norway

Hi Fred Ivar,

Thanks for your interest in the cloud subscription, we have started developing it, making good progress. If you're truly interested, please consider purchasing the early bird subscription: https://www.snektek.com/shop/snektek-so ... bscription so we can feel confident in our efforts.

About your camera, did you say you can already access it remotely? Or you are looking for a way to do that.
Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the feedback, sorry for my late reply. Have some wooden boats who need all my attention in the spring, so didn't check for answers here. Anyway, have ordered your cloud service now. Understand I must upgrade the firmware, need to read more on this forum how to do that. With regard to camera, I have already access since camera have its own cloud service (probably in China)
Best regards Fred Ivar

jonathan
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:12 am

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by jonathan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:42 pm

cheezemanrich wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:40 pm
Not sure if you tried it but... Last time I thought my Tracer RS485 port died, I just had to completely power cycle the Tracer and it started working again.
This makes sense. Make sure to disconnect both battery and solar.

jonathan
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:12 am

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by jonathan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:45 pm

fredivar wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:46 pm
jonathan wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:12 pm
fredivar wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:09 pm
Hi,
Also interested in the cloud service as I have a summer cottage with a 4GModem with WiFi, so a I can access my camera which is cloud based too. And as written here earlier, mobile broadband modems get different IP addresses every time, so difficult to access via IP address.
Best regards Fred Ivar, Norway

Hi Fred Ivar,

Thanks for your interest in the cloud subscription, we have started developing it, making good progress. If you're truly interested, please consider purchasing the early bird subscription: https://www.snektek.com/shop/snektek-so ... bscription so we can feel confident in our efforts.

About your camera, did you say you can already access it remotely? Or you are looking for a way to do that.
Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the feedback, sorry for my late reply. Have some wooden boats who need all my attention in the spring, so didn't check for answers here. Anyway, have ordered your cloud service now. Understand I must upgrade the firmware, need to read more on this forum how to do that. With regard to camera, I have already access since camera have its own cloud service (probably in China)
Best regards Fred Ivar
Wooden boats, very cool. Post a picture if you have one!

Thanks so much for ordering the cloud service. Follow the instructions to make an account and update your firmware. I will activate your account once you've made it.

xion2000
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 am

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by xion2000 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:05 pm

Already tried removing power. Did it overnight by disconnecting both battery & PV (PV 1st) but still no good
Interesting that this was posted the same day my problem appeared https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYeiDQNK0dE

xion2000
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 am

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by xion2000 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:27 am

Bought a new Charge controller to get me back up and running for now until I can get something sorted with my original. My setup relies on the battery voltage data being fed into Home Assistant.
On another note, in the data extracted from the controller what is the "t"
{"t":1593170573,"pv.v":30.99,"pv.c":3.78,"pv.p":117.28,"bt.v":13.75,"bt.c":8.53,"bt.t":21.8,"genToday":0.76,"genMonth":1.32,"genYear":1.32,"genTotal":1.33}
It appears to be contacting increasing so I thought it was run time initially but now I'm not sure

jonathan
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:12 am

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by jonathan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:22 pm

xion2000 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:27 am
Bought a new Charge controller to get me back up and running for now until I can get something sorted with my original. My setup relies on the battery voltage data being fed into Home Assistant.
On another note, in the data extracted from the controller what is the "t"
{"t":1593170573,"pv.v":30.99,"pv.c":3.78,"pv.p":117.28,"bt.v":13.75,"bt.c":8.53,"bt.t":21.8,"genToday":0.76,"genMonth":1.32,"genYear":1.32,"genTotal":1.33}
It appears to be contacting increasing so I thought it was run time initially but now I'm not sure
The "t" is the unix time. See this website: https://www.epochconverter.com/

Glad you're getting back in business with a new charge controller.

jonathan
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:12 am

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by jonathan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:28 pm

xion2000 wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:05 pm
Already tried removing power. Did it overnight by disconnecting both battery & PV (PV 1st) but still no good
Interesting that this was posted the same day my problem appeared https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYeiDQNK0dE
This is rather strange. I'm using the Tracer 3210CN controller for development on the solar dashboard and no problems so far with the com port.
Tracer-3210CN-MPPT-30A-Solar-Charge-Controller-12V-24V-Auto-Solar-Panel-Battery-Charge-Regulator-with.jpg_q50.jpg

xion2000
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:02 am

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by xion2000 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:33 am

Thanks Jon, so the "t" is not really of any use to me that I can see then.
When using the Epever PC software you get SOC (State of Charge %) and Charging Status (Float of Boost) amongst others data, would it be possible to add these to the Dashboard as a configurable option.
I think some of the unreliability problems I have been having may have been down to the Charge Controller so I'll hang on from installing the previous firmware and wait for you new one. Any idea on a release date for the next firmware and what it adds or fixes.
Thanks again for you continued efforts.
The Charge controller you are using, I've never seen that model before, and advantages or disadvantages to that model other than the obvious no lcd display

jonathan
Posts: 90
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:12 am

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by jonathan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:59 am

xion2000 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:33 am
Thanks Jon, so the "t" is not really of any use to me that I can see then.
When using the Epever PC software you get SOC (State of Charge %) and Charging Status (Float of Boost) amongst others data, would it be possible to add these to the Dashboard as a configurable option.
I think some of the unreliability problems I have been having may have been down to the Charge Controller so I'll hang on from installing the previous firmware and wait for you new one. Any idea on a release date for the next firmware and what it adds or fixes.
Thanks again for you continued efforts.
The Charge controller you are using, I've never seen that model before, and advantages or disadvantages to that model other than the obvious no lcd display
Ok we will add these datapoints.

The new firmware is almost ready for release, we are just testing it thoroughly. It's installed on the demo unit accessible from the cloud. So you can get an Idea how well it's working.

Post Reply