Connectivity from LAN

Projects related to Solar Power
Eric

Connectivity from LAN

Post by Eric »

Hi All,

Has anyone had an issue connecting to the dashboard from their LAN? I'm able to connect to the dashboard when connecting to the SnekTek SSID locally, and from there I can configure it to connect to my home WIFI network. It configured the AP to assign the dashboard 192.168.8.46, which it pulls and advertises on the dashboard (screenshot of that as well), and in the logs on the dashboard. I jump on the same internal Wifi network, and then try to web to the 8.46 address, but it fails to connect. So I reboot the dashboard, see that it gets the same 8.46 IP that I assigned it, and I can see that it says that starts up on port 80, but I can't ping it (which may be irrelevant if ICMP isn't allowed), or connect to it on port 80 (which should be allowed). I've attached some screenshots to better show everything. One shows that the dashboard got assigned an IP and is a snip from my Access Point Controller software, and the other is from the dashboard showing the same. The other shows another machine on the .8 network trying to connect to another web server on the .8 network, which is successful, and then that same machine trying to connect to 8.46, the dashboard, also via HTTP on Port 80, but that fails.

How can I get to the command line of the dashboard to further troubleshoot, maybe do a netstat to verify that it is in fact listening on port 80, on the LAN address? I know it's listening on port 80 on 4.1 because I can consistently connect when directly connecting to the SnekTek SSID. I've also attached the log files from the dashboard.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric
Attachments
logs.txt
(2.84 KiB) Downloaded 396 times
ConnectionTo4dot1.jpeg
SnipFromMyUnifiController.JPG
ConnectionToAnotherWebServerOnTheDot8Network.JPG
Eric

Re: Connectivity from LAN

Post by Eric »

Disregard. What I ended up doing to 'fix' it, was I created another SSID (since for whatever reason, it can't connect to my existing internal SSID). The only difference being that my internal SSID has the max password length for WPA2. If I added the dashboard to the 'Guest' or 'IoT Networks' which have different SSID's and much shorter passwords, it worked fine. After seeing that difference, I just created a new SSID just for the Snek dashboard, added it to my LAN network and then just gave it a shorter password. Once I did that, I was able to connect to the dashboard from the LAN.

With that said, it appears to have been something with the Guest LAN firewall rulesets for those nodes, so I'll have to take a look into that, since I was able to connect from two other machines on the .8 Network. Those machines however weren't connected to wifi though, so that's one difference. Anyhow, hopefully this helps someone else out.

Cheers,
Eric