Snektek not communicating to renogy controller

Projects related to Solar Power
jonathan

Re: Snektek not communicating to renogy controller

Post by jonathan »

Leigh wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:50 pm
I've read on the Uk T6 forum that the Renogy DC home app using the Bt-1/ Bt2 dongle are changing the models id's.. If that's any help.
Sorry to hear it didn't work it might be a different ID. I release a beta firmware to support arbitrary ID within the next few days. Did you use the bt dongle in your case? This is interesting.

I did try to add an auto detect feature in the firmware a while back but it could cause more problems than solve, since it takes a long time to scan all the addresses and disrupts the other processes. However we need to implement a way to automatically detect any connected controller, since some of these renogys seem to be set up with various IDs
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Yes the rover was initially connected to a Bt-1.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Leigh wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:11 pm
Yes the rover was initially connected to a Bt-1.

Please change your update channel to "edge" under Settings-> System Troubleshooting
Reboot the dashboard under Power Settings -> Reboot
System update should automatically occur. Verify after update that version is at least 4.0-ca76c8-2022-12-19-02-35 under Firmware Update tab.
Change the Modbus ID to any number between 0-255 under Settings -> System Troubleshooting -> Controller Modbus ID
Reboot the dashboard under Power Settings -> Reboot for settings to take effect.

In the logs you will see the current modbus ID being used. For example:

Code: Select all

[ep] Er: Mod3300: 2@Addr: 1 19-12-2022 02:43:05
Shows that modbus ID is currently 1.