Connection to cloud issue

Projects related to Solar Power
Craigb86

Connection to cloud issue

Post by Craigb86 »

Firstly what an amazing customer service this guy is I'm only asking here as I've taken so much of his time already and I feel bad 🤣🤣 I can't recommend the product and the after care High enough its been great.

So my issue is extremely likely user error 🤣 so I go to cloud and got my api key then added it into the 192.168 screen then connected it to my WiFi and it shows connected but when I save the cloud details it just keeps saying not connected to Internet to complete so I must have missed something

Thanks Craig 😊
jonathan

Re: Connection to cloud issue

Post by jonathan »

Hi Craig,

To get the cloud working you need to be connected locally, then click on cloud icon. Enter your email exactly as you used when registering for the cloud service. Then enter the API key exactly, it's best to copy and paste. Then click save and wait 30 seconds. If the spinny wheel persists, go to power icon tab and click reboot. It should be working at this time. If not paste your logs here.
Craigb86

Post by Craigb86 »

Thanks for the reply so just to make sure I'm understanding when you say connect locally I connected the box to my WiFi in the house as my WiFi reaches the van then I went onto my phone and opened http://192.168. Page which loads the device screen then It says connected but then doesn't I've grabbed a pic as might make more sense then as I'm new to this 🤣 I tried on my galaxy hotspot incase it wasn't seeing full signal from house as a test but still was same so I've defo missed something my end. Will give your reply a go first thing there is light in the morning.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220411-224842_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220411-224751_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220411-224659_Gallery.jpg
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Yea so first of all that signal is low... so it might work or it might not. Also this is why you're seeing the update error message, because the signal is quite low. It's better to have a signal of 75 or lower. But anyway, the next step is to click on the "cloud" icon when connected locally, and copy your username and API key (from the website) into that.
snektek_solar_dashboard_cloud_config.PNG
Then click save and reboot etc.
Craigb86

Post by Craigb86 »

Hiya so I tried the recommendation and It just spun so I rebooted then tried a copy and paste api and same so I rebooted then tried sat directly next to it with my hotspot and still span when using api. It then gave a new error and said to go to forum (I've added pic of it)
Attachments
Screenshot_20220416-231616_Chrome.jpg
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Ok pm me your IP/sdcard/config.txt and logs for today. Most likely it's related to incorrect email/API key so I will check this for you. The timekeeping error tells me you've unplugged the unit recently, probably right before connecting. Refreshing the page or rebooting will clear that.