Beta Testers wanted

Projects related to Solar Power
jonathan

Beta Testers wanted

Post by jonathan »

Hi all, I'm looking for some help testing the latest solar dashboard software.

Warning: Beta testers will receive the latest development firmware through the update channel automatically. While we don't intend to break anything, it's possible that a beta software will cause functions to break and/or automatic updates to fail. Also there is a possibility of SD card corruption. In this case you would need use the manual flashing tool and instructions to recover your solar dashboard.

Please let me know here if you'd like to participate and then set your update channel to "edge" in the settings menu of the dashboard.
lbennett49@gmail.com

Re: Beta Testers wanted

Post by lbennett49@gmail.com »

I will test Beta software for you.
Larry B
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Thanks Larry. The latest firmware on the edge channel I'm testing allows selecting default views in the settings menu, and shows battery temperature as a new metric. To force an update, click reboot under power menu. Updates only happen on reboot.
shizenyasuya

Post by shizenyasuya »

I'd be happy to test things out as well.
randr

Post by randr »

At least for me the beta is not saving display options i choose. Anyone else seeing this? I am a mac user so maybe a mac browser issue?
HandyAndy

Post by HandyAndy »

Hi Jonathan, I installed beta firmware to see the changes, the update went great without any issues, everything appears to be working correctly while working in localhost but once accessing the dashboard remotely it doesn't show the battery temp nor it keeps the selected views off, also while accessing remotely this text keeps popping up "Troubling Developments! I Wasn't Able to Check for Improvements. Don't You Want Me to Improve? Please Connect me to an Internet Enabled WiFi". Cleaned cash and all other browsing data, no change.
Please let me know if I can help any other way.
Thank you for working on this!
cferge

Post by cferge »

I can be a beta tester. I just installed my dashboard device that has been sitting for a few years in my cabin... Now home so I can mess with solar stuff :-)

BTW... I've got ESP32/Home Assistant development experience if that helps.
HandyAndy

Post by HandyAndy »

Hello Jonathan,
so since I installed the experimental firmware everything seemed to work correctly up to abouth 3 weeks back when I noticed I lost all the historical data reported on the graphs and about 2 weeks ago device lost connection to the dashboard and it won't accept the settings to connect back to it, when login details are entered device seems to be unable to save these details and appears to be stuck (dial spinning indicating savings but never ends) any idea what to do to restore the connection to the dashboard?
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

HandyAndy wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 pm
Hello Jonathan,
so since I installed the experimental firmware everything seemed to work correctly up to abouth 3 weeks back when I noticed I lost all the historical data reported on the graphs and about 2 weeks ago device lost connection to the dashboard and it won't accept the settings to connect back to it, when login details are entered device seems to be unable to save these details and appears to be stuck (dial spinning indicating savings but never ends) any idea what to do to restore the connection to the dashboard?
Hi Andy, it sounds like SD card corruption. Maybe try removing the SD card and formatting FAT32 and reinstalling.
HandyAndy

Post by HandyAndy »

jonathan wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:28 pm
HandyAndy wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:07 pm
Hello Jonathan,
Hi Andy, it sounds like SD card corruption. Maybe try removing the SD card and formatting FAT32 and reinstalling.

Hi Jonathan, I was able to resolve this issue. But now when connected directly I can only see solar watts, solar volts, solar amps, battery volts, and battery amps show as -1 and temperature shows as 538 while directly on the controller displays as 20*C.
also, I cannot see this screen while accessing it via mysolardashboard only on localhost. what do I need to do to see it there as well?
Thank you!