Solar Dashboard - Constant Reboots - Cannot Access dashboard - SOLVED

Projects related to Solar Power
JohnH

Solar Dashboard - Constant Reboots - Cannot Access dashboard - SOLVED

Post by JohnH »

I changed the SSID and AP IP for the SNEKTek today, and now it broadcasts the new SSID and will attempt to connect to the network, but keeps disconnecting without acquiring an IP address. When attempting to connect direct via the new SSID, I get an IP address on my phone and laptop, and can ping the SNEKTek for a few cycles, but it does not allow me to access the dashboard, the pings fail after a few seconds, and the AP disappears.

I still have the Renogy Wander supplying supplemental power via USB to pin 6 of the 232 port, and have a USB voltage monitor on it confirming it is getting power. It will also power up and do the same as above without the 232 connected to the Wanderer.

This is a v5.2 board with the external antenna option. It had been running for almost 2 years without issue. :!:
Last edited by JohnH on Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JohnH

Re: Solar Dashboard - Constant Reboots - Cannot Access dashboard

Post by JohnH »

Once again, disregard the noise. I deleted the config.txt file from the SD card, and back to working. Just spent 2 hours poking and prodding, replacing the USB cable...
jonathan

Re: Solar Dashboard - Constant Reboots - Cannot Access dashboard - SOLVED

Post by jonathan »

Hey John, thanks for the update and glad you were able to find the issue. Deleting the config.txt is a good way to get back to "factory" settings except for which AP it is connected to, this is saved internally.