Metrics Capture Failing

Projects related to Solar Power
ronmackaypei

Re: Metrics Capture Failing

Post by ronmackaypei »

Just a comment on my v6.2 board. You can see the circuit pads for the Micro-USB connector.
If this connector was present then external power would be much easier to hook up (no soldering).
ronmackaypei

Post by ronmackaypei »

FYI I found a couple of RJ adaptors that I modified to breakout the 6 control lines. I put this in series with the existing RJ cable to the Renogy RS232 port. My RJ connector is wired as below:

WHT,BLK,RED,GRN,YEL,BLU

WHT = +13.6v
BLK = -5.7v (data)
BLU = +12.8v

If I disconnect the WHT wire the Snetek stops working even though it has external power via the "AUX Power" wires.
I've had some other issues the the Renogy SCC so hvn't spent much time on the Snektek which has been working fine all week.
Aces

Post by Aces »

Hi Ron, can you provide more detail on “stops working even though it has external power”. I have a separate thread open on an issue where logs and metrics not working but all else is fine. Is this what you experienced?
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

ronmackaypei wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:09 pm
Hi Aces, well for me the Renogy Li 30A MMP would not power up the Senktek unit at all. I opened the box to confirm it has the new dc-dc converter on board but even that was not getting enough juice.
You can see the pins for "Aux-power 5-30v" so that's what I hooked to for +13v from my main battery. This unit has been working very well since I rebuilt my test setup in my basement instead of the garage. I see only 1 reset in the past 24 hours.
Reboot Count: 1
Last Updated: 1969-12-31T20:00:00-04:00
The wifi connected easily to my home network so monitoring is a breeze. I've only had it for a few days but so far I'm very impressed.

-Ron
20230824_171727w.jpg
I'm glad it's working well.