New Victron Solar dashbord questions

Post by fredivar »

Hi Jonathan and Snektek team
I have some questions related to your information given in the "Web shop":

- Compatible with VICTRON

- VICTRON SMARTSOLAR MPPT series

- VICTRON BLUESOLAR MPPT series

- Other VICTRON with VE.Direct Port

Understand this module is not yet ready for sale, but what is covered under "other VE direct port"?
Does it mean that a "Smart shunt" https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-m ... tery-shunt with VE.Direct could also be monitored?
If yes, I would be pleased.
For your information I have a Solar charging system where I have ePever Solar charge controller connected to a Victron Smart shunt (as I understand many others also do) because the ePever Solar charge controller do not have a good enough battery monitor compared to the Victron Smart shunt. My preferred solution from a Snektek solar dashbord would be if both ePever Solar controller and Victron Smart shunt could be connected to the same module and that the Victron Battery monitor "State of charge" could be shown as a separate curve in the dashboard with other data mainly from the ePever Solar controller. My second best solution would be if it could be used two different Solar dashbord units (ePever + Victron) but both could be monitored on the same Dashboard in the cloud with combined data from the two.

Just some of my questions and thoughts about Snektek excellent Solar dashbord and the future

Best regards
Fred Ivar
jonathan

Re: New Victron Solar dashbord questions

Post by jonathan »

Hi Fred thanks for your question.
Your first solution would be ideal but it's too complicated, and the sales are not there to support it. The second suggestion is possible, I have not tried the smart shunt, only charge controller from victron. It would require some software change but the hardware will work.