Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
Screwy39

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by Screwy39 »

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the quick reply. Every 5 mins or so, but the error disappears and doesn’t get logged. The issue may be more that it confuses the dashboard and sometimes crashes it. Especially when trying to connect to 192.162.4.1 via an iPhone, it would take at least 15mins and many a retry with the main page half loading. Now I’ve put an old local router in, just for itself and it’s own psu, and it’s better, not perfect but connects most times straight away to the fixed ip. It’s set up in a garage 250m from the house and the idea was to keep the dashboard at the house connected to wifi and an esp-now link between then with local control via the mt50. I’ll look around the web and see if I can find a suitable diy hub project. Thanks again
fredivar

Post by fredivar »

jonathan wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:03 pm
fredivar wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:45 am

However, for a long time my Snektek have not been able to connect to Cloud since updated from FW 3.xx to 4.xx. No matter what I do, I only get local access..

Hi Fred, if you're there I can try to help you with the cloud access.
Sounds good Jonathan,
Not in my summer house yet, need to get boats ready for season, probably visit the place in early April. For time being, I use the ePever Cloud to which I managed to connect and now able to access remotely. The advantage of the Snektek module over ePever cloud is that Snektek do not need access to internet all the time while ePever do since there is no local storage in their cloud interface. One thing I feel both system lack, is the possibility to monitor Inverter data too, but you may do it with ePever if you buy 2 cloud interfaces, but then it will be displayed as two different "plants".
I can contact you next time I visit my summerhouse if possible to get some remote assistance.
Best regards Fred Ivar
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Screwy39 wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:22 am
Hi Jonathan, thanks for the quick reply. Every 5 mins or so, but the error disappears and doesn’t get logged. The issue may be more that it confuses the dashboard and sometimes crashes it. Especially when trying to connect to 192.162.4.1 via an iPhone, it would take at least 15mins and many a retry with the main page half loading. Now I’ve put an old local router in, just for itself and it’s own psu, and it’s better, not perfect but connects most times straight away to the fixed ip. It’s set up in a garage 250m from the house and the idea was to keep the dashboard at the house connected to wifi and an esp-now link between then with local control via the mt50. I’ll look around the web and see if I can find a suitable diy hub project. Thanks again
Yes this is my experience as well, connecting to the AP wifi network is the least reliable, connecting to a static IP through a router is better, but the best is through the cloud service, as it puts the least load on the solar dashboard unit. This is the preferred method, I can send you a cloud key if you'd like to try.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

xion2000 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:05 am
All appears to be working well now Jonathan with the data collection to HA set at 4 items.
A couple of questions / requests for future firmware revisions
1. The facility to add Username & Password to MQTT settings
2. The ability to select which items are displayed on the dashboard from the settings menu such as turning off Load Watts, Volts & Amps (I do not use the load output from my Charge Controller) rather than disabling them on the main screen each time.
3. Add "Battery State of Charge" which I think is the only item the Epever software displays but the SolarDashboard does not
jonathan wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 12:39 am
Hi Ross and others,

I have added MQTT username and password functionality to the solar dashboard firmware "" available on the "edge" update channel. Please try it out and let me know if it's working well for you or if there are any issues.

mqtt_user_password_screen.PNGmqtt_user_password.png
randr

Post by randr »

update 5.0-df8e53-2023-01-16-17-49 looking promising!
Couple things i have noticed:

I am in USA and Celsius is not really the normal here :) would be nice to have option to switch to Fahrenheit.
I have Renogy controller and total month/year/today not working still.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

randr wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:48 pm
update 5.0-df8e53-2023-01-16-17-49 looking promising!
Couple things i have noticed:

I am in USA and Celsius is not really the normal here :) would be nice to have option to switch to Fahrenheit.
I have Renogy controller and total month/year/today not working still.
Thanks for the feedback,

- I have added a Fahrenheit conversion option it should be available in the latest edge firmware. See if you can find it.
- Renogy does not have a month generation total, however they have consumption stats for day and total, so I have added that. I am still not exactly sure if the numbers are correct, I have to get a BT-1 dongle to check. In the meantime check it and let me know if it makes sense.
renogy-rover-generated-consumed-snektek-solar-dashboard.PNG
randr

Post by randr »

Will check this out! Thanks
randr

Post by randr »

I see 5.0-7595fc-2023-01-22-20-59 and updated and now see Fahrenheit option! :)
I also see some data in "generated total" and "consumed Total" Will see what happens today but also noticed the graph is missing? how do i display the graphs again?
Attachments
Untitled.png
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

randr wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:37 am
I see 5.0-7595fc-2023-01-22-20-59 and updated and now see Fahrenheit option! :)
I also see some data in "generated total" and "consumed Total" Will see what happens today but also noticed the graph is missing? how do i display the graphs again?
Hmm it's working for me so this is interesting. Can you try holding shift and then refresh? Also try pressing F12 and refresh, look at the console logs. What browser are you using?
randr

Post by randr »

yeah was just a cache issue.