Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
amente

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by amente »

@linux95

Yes, it is secured via SSL with authorized access using username and password.
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Eventually got the components to carry out the fix on the SolarDashboard and my friend carried it out for me. So now I have constant monitoring of my system which is great!! I have noticed that the reboot count continually increases at rather a fast rate and I have been looking at the web interface when it appears to crash / go off for a second then resume monitoring, is this the norm, a problem with my system or a known issue you are working on?
On another note, I too have signed up for the cloud service. I'm not sure if its something I will use much but I thought for $20 and to support the project why not!
I already import the data into home assistant which can easily be accessed on my mobile phone but unfortunately not on my work PC (very tight restrictions / security) and I've forwarded a port for the dashboard but can't access that at work either so I'm hoping the cloud service WILL be accessible (if it can't be its not the end of the world)
I like to closely monitor my ever increasing solar and energy monitoring setups which have been slowly growing since I had a professionally installed system fitted on my East & West facing garage roof (I'm in the UK so South is best if possible then East/West).
https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=13 ... t=20200507
https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=13 ... t=20200507
https://pvoutput.org/intraday.jsp?id=13236&sid=11144
Thanks Jon & Amente for all your hard work.
xion2000_pv.PNG
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Hi xion2000,

Yes the reboot thing does happen and it is not a problem, as long as it recovers. I have noticed some SD cards cause it to happen more than others. I'm not sure about your work internet access but the cloud service will be accessible on the snektek.com domain, so if you can access our website from your work, the cloud will be too.

Do you have some pictures of your solar systems? Is it grid tie?
It would be a great to see the pics and maybe see where you installed the dashboard.

Jon.
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Thought it might be worth a mention on the subject of rebooting, yesterday I had my charge controller disconnected for a short period and upon re-connection I checked its clock setting (something I had never done until recently) and as I expected it was incorrect so I reset it. Immediately after doing so I noted the reboot count on my SolarDashboard which was 111 and I reset that too.
After doing so I noticed that opening up the SolarDashboard screen on my PC appeared to be be much quicker but I then thought it must just be a coincidence, then this morning (15 hours or so later later) I checked the reboot count an its still ZERO!!
It would be interesting for everyone with a SolarDashboard to check their internal clock setting on their Charge Controller and also report their reboot count, I'm presuming that everyones reboot count will be greater than zero from what you have said. If the clock setting is wrong then correct it and reset the reboot count.
REMEMBER when checking the clock setting on the Charge Controller to click "Read", don't just look at "local Time" (as I had previously)
Parameters / Device Parameters / Real Time Clock / Read / Update (if required)

With regard to pictures and info on my system, I will do Jon, I'm just in the process of tidying up the cabling at the moment (looks like spaghetti junction) and finalizing the position of the last few panels on my shed roof. Struggling to get materials due to the Corona lock-down so everything is taking a lot longer than usual. Its all very much a DIY affair and a sort of constantly changing and ongoing project but I'll try to share some details and pictures ASAP.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

This is strange, I don't think the solar controller time is relevant but we should probably set the time using the solar dashboard over modbus. Will add this feature in the future.

Please see this post for an update on the cloud access feature now open for Beta users:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

New firmware for all V2 and V3 dashboards.
See this post:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=56&p=290#p290
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

I've done the update & logged in via the cloud access and all appears OK but when I login locally I no longer see the graph data
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Hi, as I said in the other thread it's probably overloaded due to having to send all your old data to the cloud, try again in a couple hours. Please use the cloud thread to discuss cloud issues.
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Hi Jon, my last post on here was from 10 days ago, I had already posted on the other thread and read your reply.
It worked thanks but does generally take a lot longer to populate data when I login now but its not really a problem.
Is there any chance that the cloud access can be setup to remember and keep the user logged in? I setup a favorites shortcut but still have to lick on login each time. Its not a big issue just a nice to have!
Any upgrades or changes planned for the future Jon?
In the future which thread should I post on, I've posted this on both for now
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

The comport on my Tracer 4210AN Charge Controller appears to have died, has anyone ever witnessed this or heard of it happening. I'm now unable to read data via the software on my pc or via the SolarDashboard