Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
Koivutie7

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by Koivutie7 »

Whether it is possible to obtain load current and load power would require information on the load to be used which is connected to the epever. Personally, I use that MQTT output. Thank you
fredivar

Post by fredivar »

jonathan wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:45 pm
fredivar wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:46 pm
jonathan wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:12 pm

Hi Fred Ivar,

Thanks for your interest in the cloud subscription, we have started developing it, making good progress. If you're truly interested, please consider purchasing the early bird subscription: https://www.snektek.com/shop/snektek-so ... bscription so we can feel confident in our efforts.

About your camera, did you say you can already access it remotely? Or you are looking for a way to do that.
Hi Jonathan

Thanks for the feedback, sorry for my late reply. Have some wooden boats who need all my attention in the spring, so didn't check for answers here. Anyway, have ordered your cloud service now. Understand I must upgrade the firmware, need to read more on this forum how to do that. With regard to camera, I have already access since camera have its own cloud service (probably in China)
Best regards Fred Ivar
Wooden boats, very cool. Post a picture if you have one!

Thanks so much for ordering the cloud service. Follow the instructions to make an account and update your firmware. I will activate your account once you've made it.

Hi Jonathan
Sorry for the late reply, did not manage to get time to update my Snektek module before summer vacation, but did it last week. Did it at home, do did not have connection with the epever tracer A solar controller at the summer cottage but managed to get the Snektek module to be configured with the cloud service. It also updated to latest firmware over air.
But when trying to connect it in my summer house this weekend, I could not get it to work. In the summer house, I have a 4G modem with WiFi access point, and SSID and password are different from home, and it seemed that WiFi from the Snektek module turned off after short time after connecting to power (or epever controller) so did not manage to access the default setup and change to new wifi settings. Is it some way to reset to default values to start setup again? The Wi-Fi was on a few seconds, turned off, and then was active a few seconds again, kept repeating that...

Any help appreciated!

Question about my wooden boat (at least one of them, see attachment I Kragerø, Norway today)
Best regards Fred Ivar
Attachments
Tollboden, Kragerø
Tollboden, Kragerø
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Hey Fred, it sounds like it might be resetting repeatedly. You may have to try a different sd card, or try formatting the card and then setting up the cloud service again. Or try without a cloud service and seeing if the card is able to record and show the data, check the local log file. You can also try without the SD card on the latest software, your history will be limited but everything including cloud will work.

Jon
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

The system is picky about which sd card to use, I've had good success with the samsung evo cards. I recommended to another customer and it solved their issue too.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Koivutie7 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:04 pm
Whether it is possible to obtain load current and load power would require information on the load to be used which is connected to the epever. Personally, I use that MQTT output. Thank you
Hi, are you asking if we can add the load information?
amente

Post by amente »

Koivutie7 wrote:
@Koivutie7 , On the latest firmware we have implemented inclusion of the discharging load data to the json output (not available on the UI yet) but, should be available with MQTT. You can give it a try and let me know if that matches what you expect.

Code: Select all

{"t":1599354631,"controllerType":"epever-rs485","pv.v":0,"pv.c":0,"pv.p":0,"bt.v":13.3,"bt.c":0,"bt.t":20.28,"ld.c":0.04,"ld.v":13.3,"ld.p":0.53,"genToday":0,"genMonth":0.67,"genYear":5.38,"genTotal":27.84}
The new values are "ld.v" discharge load voltage, "ld.c" discharge load current, "ld.p" discharge load power.
fredivar

Post by fredivar »

jonathan wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:10 pm
The system is picky about which sd card to use, I've had good success with the samsung evo cards. I recommended to another customer and it solved their issue too.
Thanks Jonathan
Formatted the TDK 8Gb again, now it works!
One more question: The "PV Watts" value alternate between 100.0 and the actual Wattage (3-400),is this a bug? Can't see I saw that in the old firmware I had? Type of controller I have is ePever Tracer 4210AN
Koivutie7

Post by Koivutie7 »

amente wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:15 pm
Koivutie7 wrote:
@Koivutie7 , On the latest firmware we have implemented inclusion of the discharging load data to the json output (not available on the UI yet) but, should be available with MQTT. You can give it a try and let me know if that matches what you expect.

Code: Select all

{"t":1599354631,"controllerType":"epever-rs485","pv.v":0,"pv.c":0,"pv.p":0,"bt.v":13.3,"bt.c":0,"bt.t":20.28,"ld.c":0.04,"ld.v":13.3,"ld.p":0.53,"genToday":0,"genMonth":0.67,"genYear":5.38,"genTotal":27.84}
The new values are "ld.v" discharge load voltage, "ld.c" discharge load current, "ld.p" discharge load power.
Well it works, twice had to use the power off after the upgrade. Thanks!
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

fredivar wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:52 am
jonathan wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:10 pm
Thanks Jonathan
Formatted the TDK 8Gb again, now it works!
One more question: The "PV Watts" value alternate between 100.0 and the actual Wattage (3-400),is this a bug? Can't see I saw that in the old firmware I had? Type of controller I have is ePever Tracer 4210AN
Glad you got the cloud set up.

So it's not a bug, you will notice there are no charts. The gauges get the range from the chart. Once the chart is working, the gauges will be working right.

I'm guessing your SD card is still not working right. If you log in locally, you can see the logs and confirm the SD Card is not initializing properly. Then I would try reformatting with fat32, but if that doesn't work, get another sd card. Try the samsung.
fredivar

Post by fredivar »

Ok, I looked into logs, but did not see that. I expected that the missing charts was due to auto range in the new firmware and it needed some time before proper curves was available. Then I need to change the SD, but not possible before going to my summer house hopefully next weekend. So there is no way to get my charts to work without new SD card?