Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
rosspeel

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by rosspeel »

V3 New features:

- Unlimited history - SD card logging and viewing! Logs data every minute to SD card for virtually unlimited history. Recall the charts for any day/month/year using the web interface.
New improved Interface - Charts automatically scale to your solar installation. Formatting improved, chart zoom, and more!
Is there a YouTube video of this V3, will it work well on 12v, 24v, 48v controller?
I do like my V2, but want to see the unlimited history chart capabilities of V3 from the web page interface.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

rosspeel wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:34 pm
V3 New features:

- Unlimited history - SD card logging and viewing! Logs data every minute to SD card for virtually unlimited history. Recall the charts for any day/month/year using the web interface.
New improved Interface - Charts automatically scale to your solar installation. Formatting improved, chart zoom, and more!

Is there a YouTube video of this V3, will it work well on 12v, 24v, 48v controller?
I do like my V2, but want to see the unlimited history chart capabilities of V3 from the web page interface.
Yes check the YouTube channel for a preview. Yes the software now automatically scales to whatever system you have, no need to customize. I'll send you a file to update your V2 to V3.
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Hi Jonathan, could you please also send me the V3 software and some installation instruction, I appear to have bought my V2 a couple of weeks before you brought out the V3. I've checked out your most recent YouTube video and the V3 interface looks awesome!!
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Can anyone please tell me what type of battery should be fitted inside, mine didn't come with on (I'm not complaining) but I can't find any reference to the type or voltage.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

xion2000 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:28 am
Can anyone please tell me what type of battery should be fitted inside, mine didn't come with on (I'm not complaining) but I can't find any reference to the type or voltage.
Hi Graham,
It's a CR1220 lithium. It's needed for V3 firmware, the timekeeping depends on it. I will send all V2 owners who want the new firmware, but there is a bug I want to fix first.
xion2000

Solar Dashboard to Home Assistant

Post by xion2000 »

I’m in the early ish stages of using Home Assistant (Running on A Raspberry Pi) and one of the things I would very much like to do would be to extract some of the data from the solar data I collect using the snektek Wifi dashboard, to use within Home Assistant (specifically Battery Voltage) I run a small PC as a home server from 2 x 12v leisure batteries (with a 12v to 19v DC step up converter) that I charge through the day from a few solar panels on my shed roof, hooked up to the epever charge controller. During the winter months there is not enough sunlight (in the UK) to allow me to run totally off grid so I use a 2A car battery charger to maintain the battery levels. I would like to extract the battery voltage from the solar dashboard (webpage) and setup a command within Home Assistant to only turn on the battery charger when the battery voltage falls below a certain level (which would probably be in the middle of the night during winter). Can anyone be of any assistance please?
xion2000

Remote Access

Post by xion2000 »

Should I be able to connect to my solar dashboard remotely?
I've assumed that I should be and forwarded a port on my router as I've done many times with other devices I wish to connect to from outside of my local network (generally my IP Cameras) but I'm unable to access the page!
Any ideas / suggestions please
amente

Re: Solar Dashboard to Home Assistant

Post by amente »

xion2000 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:38 am
I’m in the early ish stages of using Home Assistant (Running on A Raspberry Pi) and one of the things I would very much like to do would be to extract some of the data from the solar data I collect using the snektek Wifi dashboard, to use within Home Assistant (specifically Battery Voltage) I run a small PC as a home server from 2 x 12v leisure batteries (with a 12v to 19v DC step up converter) that I charge through the day from a few solar panels on my shed roof, hooked up to the epever charge controller. During the winter months there is not enough sunlight (in the UK) to allow me to run totally off grid so I use a 2A car battery charger to maintain the battery levels. I would like to extract the battery voltage from the solar dashboard (webpage) and setup a command within Home Assistant to only turn on the battery charger when the battery voltage falls below a certain level (which would probably be in the middle of the night during winter). Can anyone be of any assistance please?
@xion2000, that is an interesting use case. We are looking into adding a feature to the snektek wifi dashboard which enables it to send data to home assistant via MQTT broker. That way you should be able to use the data from the dashboard in Home Assistant. Stay tuned.
amente

Re: Remote Access

Post by amente »

xion2000 wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:48 am
Should I be able to connect to my solar dashboard remotely?
I've assumed that I should be and forwarded a port on my router as I've done many times with other devices I wish to connect to from outside of my local network (generally my IP Cameras) but I'm unable to access the page!
Any ideas / suggestions please
@xion2000 You should be able to connect to the solar dashboard remotely if you have enabled port forwarding on your router for port 80 and the IP address of the solar dashboard assigned by your router. If you can let me know the type of your router, I can look into it for you.
xion2000

Re: Solar Dashboard to Home Assistant

Post by xion2000 »

@xion2000, that is an interesting use case. We are looking into adding a feature to the snektek wifi dashboard which enables it to send data to home assistant via MQTT broker. That way you should be able to use the data from the dashboard in Home Assistant. Stay tuned.
[/quote]

That's great news, I will be waiting with bated breath.