xion2000

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by xion2000 »

Good news, cheers Jon
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Hi All.

Today we announce hardware version 4, now available. This includes all the hardware modifications we have been doing since version 3.

Change list:
- Remove always on red LED to conserve power
- incorporate hardware improvements identified in version 3. Including SD card fix
- Add compatibility for RS232 RENOGY charge controllers. Please select your preference when ordering.

All version 2 and 3 hardware is compatible with new version 4 software updates.
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Great news, when & where can we download it. is the firmware update via the Cloud Monitoring actually enabled yet.
medtech1

Post by medtech1 »

I just received mine from you a few days ago (v3) and have a few questions:

1) How can I disable the unauthenticated and unauthorized access to this dashboard controller by someone who connects to the "snektek.com solar" SSID using 192.168.4.1 (ie: a neighbour)? I do not want to allow any access to anyone who can just connect to it from outside my network (and reboot it at will) and it appears that access via the DHCP assigned IP as well as the local access point is enabled, so both are accessible.

2) How do I initialize the SD card? (to resolve: Historical charts are not available: SD card is not initialized.)

3) Can I use the Arduino IDE to program the ESP?

4) What were the hardware revisions (ie: especially the fix for the SD card and ability to disable the led)? I just missed out on this hw release.

5) Is the kit form still available for those who have the expertize to solder SMD and are familiar with flashing the ESP?

Thanks!
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

medtech1 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:18 am
I just received mine from you a few days ago (v3) and have a few questions:

1) How can I disable the unauthenticated and unauthorized access to this dashboard controller by someone who connects to the "snektek.com solar" SSID using 192.168.4.1 (ie: a neighbour)? I do not want to allow any access to anyone who can just connect to it from outside my network (and reboot it at will) and it appears that access via the DHCP assigned IP as well as the local access point is enabled, so both are accessible.

2) How do I initialize the SD card? (to resolve: Historical charts are not available: SD card is not initialized.)

3) Can I use the Arduino IDE to program the ESP?

4) What were the hardware revisions (ie: especially the fix for the SD card and ability to disable the led)? I just missed out on this hw release.

5) Is the kit form still available for those who have the expertize to solder SMD and are familiar with flashing the ESP?

Thanks!
Hey, thanks for using the forum for help.

Get a SD card format it fat32 and put it in the SD slot. Make sure to push it all the way in and let it lock into place.

The SD issues should become initialized. There is a bug in the current software where sometimes it will claim SD card is not initialized when in fact it is. Fix coming next software release

Regarding the hardware version there is not much of a difference, the main difference is the red led is no more. Same performance and everything. In the v4 the modifications were integrated into the circuit design.

The kit form is no longer available as it was more costly to provide all the parts loosly and more customer support issues.

The access point, can be configured with a password and changed, we are just about to release a new firmware that changes how it's done so give us some time and it will be made available. You might experience some usability issues with the dashboard when using the cloud, we are aware of the problems and the new firmware will address most of them.

You should use the pyflasher tool to program the firmware we will provided, but soon updates will be automatic and ota
medtech1

Post by medtech1 »

Thanks Jonathon... I actually won't use this device until the authentication is available or until I can disable the access point function, as, it is vulnerable to access by all my neighbours who just have to connect to the snektek.com SSID. I hope the firmware to secure it better comes out soon :)
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Hi everyone with EPEVER version Solar Dashboard Version 2 or 3. Please install latest firmware available at this post.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48&p=236#p236

This update is the last you should have to do with the USB cable, further updates are delivered Over-the-air from within the settings section in the solar dashboard web page.

This firmware is critical to fix numerous reliability issues.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

medtech1 wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:47 am
Thanks Jonathon... I actually won't use this device until the authentication is available or until I can disable the access point function, as, it is vulnerable to access by all my neighbours who just have to connect to the snektek.com SSID. I hope the firmware to secure it better comes out soon :)
Hey medtech1, please install the latest software as mentioned above. Then update using the settings page. Then put this file in the sd-card to change your wifi name and password
config.txt
(42 Bytes) Downloaded 354 times
medtech1

Post by medtech1 »

Thank you Jonathan.. will do!
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Firmware updated and all looking good thanks Jon, screen load time appears much faster.
Are the Cloud & MQTT ports changeable as I'm already using 8123 with Home Assistant
Can the "SNEKTEK.COM SOLAR" SSID be disabled / turned off