Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
jonathan

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by jonathan »

Hi zrusavpt,

You should be seeing a flash of Rx, tx lights on the rs484 converter. They will flash in unison. From your post it would see it's a case of epever not responding or some issue with communication signal path. Please check with multimeter continuity of signal and get back. Also post epever controller type.

Jon.
zrusavpt

Post by zrusavpt »

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the hint. I probably picked up the only bad network cable from the pile... After replacing the cable and using an RJ45 socket, the thing came to life.
xion2000

Re: Solar Dashboard Project fix

Post by xion2000 »

Hi Johnathon, could you possibly send me a list of the specific components for the memory card fault fix. I'm not skilled enough to do the soldering mods but my friend is and has agreed to do it for me. As I'm in the UK and we are in the middle of a pandemic it would probably be easier if I source the components locally rather than purchase then from you and await delivery.

Graham
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Forgot to ask, my Solardashboard is freezing up all the time and I have to remove then re insert the network cable to get it going again. It seems to have got a lot more frequent over the last few weeks happening pretty much every day. I'e even ejected the memory card and its still doing it. Is the common on V2 boards that have not had the fix done?
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

xion2000 wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:14 pm
Forgot to ask, my Solardashboard is freezing up all the time and I have to remove then re insert the network cable to get it going again. It seems to have got a lot more frequent over the last few weeks happening pretty much every day. I'e even ejected the memory card and its still doing it. Is the common on V2 boards that have not had the fix done?
Hi Graham,
Yes that's the expected behavior before the fix. You'll need some wire, a small p-fet like the dmp2035u-7 or similar, a 100uf electrolytic capacitor. Then follow the instructions. We have a software release coming up today or tomorrow with some other fixes so try that as well.

Jon.
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Great news, thanks Jon. I'll try the software fix first whist I'm waiting for the parts
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

What voltage capacitor Jon?
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

xion2000 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:47 pm
What voltage capacitor Jon?
At least 5 but I used 16
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

New software release: 3.1 with reliability bug fixes. Really important for everyone on 3.x firmware to update. See this post for firmware and instructions:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48&p=236#p236

Bugs fixed:

- Year 2099 folder
linux95

Re: Solar Dashboard Project - export data

Post by linux95 »

Is there a way to have the solar monitor export the data automatically to another device? For instance, can I have the device automatically send the data live to another device so that I can capture the logs and display how I see fit? I would like to link the device to a mobile hotspot and send the data to another server in the cloud so that I can access remotely. Is this even possible and if so how would I access the code to write the procedure to send the data? Any information you could provide would be great. Thank you.