Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
jonathan

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by jonathan »

xion2000 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:07 am
Updated my firmware last night and all went well
Setup my home assistant data extraction (as per amente's suggestion) from the Solar Dashboard and that too now went well
Went to bed!
Got up (always a bonus once you've turned 50!)
All still working well
Then got this
"Historical data charts are not available SD card is not initialized"
I'm presuming that this is the "BUG" that was mentioned
I have not yet done the hardware upgrade as I do not believe it is within my capability (my soldering skills stop at 15mm copper pipe / plumbing), I have a friend who I know it is, but unfortunately for me he is currently on holiday in Vietnam so I will just have to live with this issue for a few weeks.
I've tried a "Reboot" via the dashboard screen but that did not reset it so I'm assuming I'll need to press the little reset button on the circuit board?

Anyway, thanks very much to Jon & everyone else involved in this project for the update, even with the card issue its still a giant leap forward for me
Hi Graham,

Yes, it's probably the SD card issue. You will need to power off the dashboard by unplugging it and plugging it back in to get the card working again. Can you show us your home assistant integration? Maybe some screenshots or pictures? You can attach them in the forum.

Jon.
linux95

Post by linux95 »

Hello,
I just purchased the Solar Dashboard device in January and have the problem where it stops logging to the SD card. Is there an update that resolves this issue? Can I send the unit back for an updated version? I see that there is some type of upgrade kit that can be purchased for version 2. However, the device that I received is version 3. If this kit is needed, could I send the other back to be repaired as I don't have the skills to make the adjustments? Thank you.
Last edited by linux95 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Can you show us your home assistant integration? Maybe some screenshots or pictures? You can attach them in the forum.

Jon.
I will do, I'll put some info & pictures together at some point. It's nothing fancy but it does exactly what I wanted.
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

Is there a specific reason for the coloured gauges to appear maxed out @
PV Watts = 117
PV Volts = 18
PV Amps = 7
Battery Volts = 14
Battery Amps = 8
Or do I have something setup wrong
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

linux95 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:27 pm
Hello,
I just purchased the Solar Dashboard device in January and have the problem where it stops logging to the SD card. Is there an update that resolves this issue? Can I send the unit back for an updated version? I see that there is some type of upgrade kit that can be purchased for version 2. However, the device that I received is version 3. If this kit is needed, could I send the other back to be repaired as I don't have the skills to make the adjustments? Thank you.
Hi Dustin. Thanks for reaching out.

I'm glad you're enjoying the dashboard, unfortunately yours does not have the update which addresses this problem inherent with most SD cards. If you send it back to us along with 10USD to cover return shipping and the extra parts I will do the update for you, and anyone else who has a previous V3 dashboard. I have PMd you the address.

If you agree to this just purchase the update kit here: https://www.snektek.com/shop/index.php? ... uct_id=127
and I will do the rest.

Thanks for your continued support of this project.
Jon.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

xion2000 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:32 am
PV Watts = 117
PV Volts = 18
PV Amps = 7
Battery Volts = 14
Battery Amps = 8
Hi Graham, the gauges will auto-scale based on the current daily high for each metric. Does that answer your question, and is that what you're seeing?
rosspeel

Post by rosspeel »

Just ordered a couple of version 3, i liked the version 2, but with zoomable data logging in version 3 is a big step in a good direction, looking forward to testing them out
Panozguy

Post by Panozguy »

Exactly what I was looking for. Ordered a 4210AN and one of these handy dandy little devices yesterday and looking forward to checking it out. I'm an IT guy by trade and I just knew there was something decent out there. Victron's little apps pretty much suck. They have useful info but the logging stops the instant you take the focus off their mobile app. LOL what good is that? Anyway, looking forward to it!
xion2000

Post by xion2000 »

jonathan wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:06 pm
xion2000 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:32 am
PV Watts = 117
PV Volts = 18
PV Amps = 7
Battery Volts = 14
Battery Amps = 8
Hi Graham, the gauges will auto-scale based on the current daily high for each metric. Does that answer your question, and is that what you're seeing?
Yep thats it, cheers.
zrusavpt

Post by zrusavpt »

Folks, I am wondering if anyone has any idea what could be wrong with my dashboard. It's hardwired on a breadboard right now but I am reasonably sure it's OK. I've tried to build the firmware from sources, and I've also tried the recent firmware binary from epever-solar-display-Add-SDCARD-3.1-5b5457-2020-02-21-05-03.bin.zip
In both cases, the dashboard seems to communicate with the Tracer but I am not getting any numbers or charts on the screen. The TX LED blinks every two seconds. RX LED doesn't show any visible blinking but logic probe on RXD output of the RS-485 module shows pulses. I didn't try to attach logic analyzer yet.
Old firmware shows this: https://imgur.com/tltNNWM
New firmware behaves in similar way - the web page is shown but no graphs, and numbers say "NaN".
Am I missing something?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: one thing I forgot to say: the /cur_data page shows:

{"t":0}

Nothing else.