Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
amente

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by amente »

boffin wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:48 pm
Hey there, hope you are safe and well. I've just updated a V2 with an electrolytic, FET, removed the Pwr LED and loaded the latest binary and have found everything to be much more stable - so thankyou and well done.
As for the surgery ... the "breakout" row down the side marked V2 & V3 came in handy as my NodeMCU is elevated on header pins\socket so I can easily swap it out. It was rather tidy to simply add the electrolytic under the NodeMCU connecting to adjacent 3v and Gnd pads on the vacant pads. A small PCB drill bit was used to put a hole at D0 to allow the wiring from the FET to go down on the board rather than on the NodeMCU (using some wirewrap wire from a bazillion years ago).
My remaining issue is with the default AP and the lack of security. I've added a config.txt file to the SD card root but the little bugger still thinks it's "snektek.com solar" with no password. I presume the apSSID and apPassword entries are with NO quotes?? The SD is FAT32\32GB and logs are being written as expected and can be read fine via the dashboard. I do note this has been mentioned before in the forum so if I haven't missed anything and the solution is via a new binary down the track I'll patiently wait.
@boffin
Nice hack with the FET.

There are no quotes for the values. apPassword must be at least 8 characters long. Can you confirm that is the case?
amente

Post by amente »

xion2000 wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:52 am
Firmware updated and all looking good thanks Jon, screen load time appears much faster.
Are the Cloud & MQTT ports changeable as I'm already using 8123 with Home Assistant
Can the "SNEKTEK.COM SOLAR" SSID be disabled / turned off
@xion2000

It is not possible completely to disable the AP wifi, but it is possible to make it hidden. Just add this to the config.txt file.

Code: Select all

apSSIDHidden=1
You can also change the name and password by adding:

Code: Select all

apSSID=your_ssid
apPassword=your_password_at_least_8_chars
amente

Post by amente »

@boffin @xion2000, I found a bug with the latest binary where the last value in config.txt doesn't work if you don't have a new line at the very end of the file. So, after adding the settings make sure to add a new line at the end and save.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

boffin wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:48 pm
Hey there, hope you are safe and well. I've just updated a V2 with an electrolytic, FET, removed the Pwr LED and loaded the latest binary and have found everything to be much more stable - so thankyou and well done.
As for the surgery ... the "breakout" row down the side marked V2 & V3 came in handy as my NodeMCU is elevated on header pins\socket so I can easily swap it out. It was rather tidy to simply add the electrolytic under the NodeMCU connecting to adjacent 3v and Gnd pads on the vacant pads. A small PCB drill bit was used to put a hole at D0 to allow the wiring from the FET to go down on the board rather than on the NodeMCU (using some wirewrap wire from a bazillion years ago).
My remaining issue is with the default AP and the lack of security. I've added a config.txt file to the SD card root but the little bugger still thinks it's "snektek.com solar" with no password. I presume the apSSID and apPassword entries are with NO quotes?? The SD is FAT32\32GB and logs are being written as expected and can be read fine via the dashboard. I do note this has been mentioned before in the forum so if I haven't missed anything and the solution is via a new binary down the track I'll patiently wait.
Well done. As Amente said try a new line at the end of the config file.
Dobster

Post by Dobster »

Just got my dashboard connected and upgraded to the new firmware yesterday afternoon. Everything is working but the graph, All the gauges are reading the info from my charge controller (EPEVER Tracer model 10415AN).
Any ideas what I did wrong, or maybe a software issue for this model?
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Dobster wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:46 am
Just got my dashboard connected and upgraded to the new firmware yesterday afternoon. Everything is working but the graph, All the gauges are reading the info from my charge controller (EPEVER Tracer model 10415AN).
Any ideas what I did wrong, or maybe a software issue for this model?
I had a look at your dashboard, and I think your SD card is not set up correctly. Can you confirm you took a SD card, formatted it fat32 and inserted into the dashboard?

If you access the dashboard locally you can see the logs. Please send the log file from today.

Jon.
Dobster

Post by Dobster »

I did format the sd card fat32. It says Error: Failed to load logs.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Dobster wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:13 am
I did format the sd card fat32. It says Error: Failed to load logs.
When you access locally (not through the cloud) does it show the message SD card not initialized? Or does it show the empty graph
Dobster

Post by Dobster »

Just no graph. I've had no sd card errors. I have an extra sd card should I try it?
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Yea try that.