Dashboard has stopped displaying data

Projects related to Solar Power
Tonyw

Dashboard has stopped displaying data

Post by Tonyw »

I finished setting up the dashboard and cloud monitoring and everything was working great for a few days but now I cannot get data displayed on the dashboard even though I haven’t changed anything. When I connect via Wifi locally (IP 192.168.4.1) the dashboard comes up and the card is recognised but there is no data and the five data slots all show “NaN” The Epever controller seems OK because my MT50 meter still works using the same cable and RS485 port.
Any ideas?
Tony
jonathan

Re: Dashboard has stopped displaying data

Post by jonathan »

Tonyw wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:41 pm
I finished setting up the dashboard and cloud monitoring and everything was working great for a few days but now I cannot get data displayed on the dashboard even though I haven’t changed anything. When I connect via Wifi locally (IP 192.168.4.1) the dashboard comes up and the card is recognised but there is no data and the five data slots all show “NaN” The Epever controller seems OK because my MT50 meter still works using the same cable and RS485 port.
Any ideas?
Tony
Hmm that's strange. I would verify the programming jumper is fully inserted on the dashboard. Also maybe try a different cable?

If it doesn't work I'll send you a new dashboard and you can send yours back at your convenience.
Tonyw

Post by Tonyw »

Thanks Jon

I tried three different cables that all work with the MT50 but there is still no live Dashboard data. The jumper appeared in place but I tried removing and replacing it.

Before you send a replacement can you answer the following.
What does the "NaN" mean in the five live data slots?
What is the function of the three LED's and how should they behave? In my case the blue and orange flash slowly together all the time and the red is on permanently.

Thanks
Tony
amente

Post by amente »

Tonyw wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:27 pm
Thanks Jon

I tried three different cables that all work with the MT50 but there is still no live Dashboard data. The jumper appeared in place but I tried removing and replacing it.

Before you send a replacement can you answer the following.
What does the "NaN" mean in the five live data slots?
What is the function of the three LED's and how should they behave? In my case the blue and orange flash slowly together all the time and the red is on permanently.

Thanks
Tony
Hi Tony,

The "NaN" means, the dashboard is not recording a valid live data. Can you download the log file or retrieve it from the SD card and attach it here? The blue and orange flashing slowly indicates the dashboard is sending commands to the controller. Also make sure you have the latest firmware and, you should also edit the settings and put "true" for the "Debug Enabled" setting. (EDIT: this is incorrect, you should put "1" instead)
Last edited by amente on Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tonyw

Post by Tonyw »

amente wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:43 pm
Hi Tony,

The "NaN" means, the dashboard is not recording a valid live data. Can you download the log file or retrieve it from the SD card and attach it here? The blue and orange flashing slowly indicates the dashboard is sending commands to the controller. Also make sure you have the latest firmware and, you should also edit the settings and put "true" for the "Debug Enabled" setting.
I had just reformatted the SD card but attached is the new log.txt from my latest attempts to get live data. I am still getting "NaN"
logs.txt
Log File
(19.17 KiB) Downloaded 1293 times
I already had the latest firmware (07-26-21-40)
I am at little confused about your debug setting, here is what I did in "System troubleshooting"
- Debug Enabled was showing 0 (zero) plus a rotating circle
- I pressed Edit which lets me change 0 to the word "true" - no caps
- I pressed Save and the entry reverts back to 0
Is the word "true" supposed to remain entered?

Where are you getting these suggestions? Am I missing some Snektek instructions on how to set things set up and troubleshoot?

Thanks
Tony
amente

Post by amente »

Tonyw wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:23 pm
amente wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:43 pm
Hi Tony,

The "NaN" means, the dashboard is not recording a valid live data. Can you download the log file or retrieve it from the SD card and attach it here? The blue and orange flashing slowly indicates the dashboard is sending commands to the controller. Also make sure you have the latest firmware and, you should also edit the settings and put "true" for the "Debug Enabled" setting.
I had just reformatted the SD card but attached is the new log.txt from my latest attempts to get live data. I am still getting "NaN"
logs.txt
I already had the latest firmware (07-26-21-40)
I am at little confused about your debug setting, here is what I did in "System troubleshooting"
- Debug Enabled was showing 0 (zero) plus a rotating circle
- I pressed Edit which lets me change 0 to the word "true" - no caps
- I pressed Save and the entry reverts back to 0
Is the word "true" supposed to remain entered?

Where are you getting these suggestions? Am I missing some Snektek instructions on how to set things set up and troubleshoot?

Thanks
Tony
Hey Tony,

I work at SnekTek with John.

I inspected your logs, and it seems like the communication over modbus between the dashboard and the EPEVER controller is not happening. It is likely that the EPEVER controller itself is in a "stuck" state. We have noticed this before even with the MT50 device and I am troubleshooting further on how to correctly mitigate it.

In the mean time, I also just released a new firmware "4.0-6fc029-2020-08-09-06-12" and included a fix that will help us get more information about your issue. When you get a chance, please reboot your dashboard and then once the firmware update is visible, proceed to update it.

Regarding the "debug setting", I made a mistake in my previous post and gave your the instruction for an older firmware. The correct setting for the newer firmware is to enter a value of "1" to enable it. Please dis-regard my previous instruction.

Once your firmware is updated, please send us logs once more to troubleshoot.

Best of luck
Amente
Tonyw

Post by Tonyw »

[/quote]

Hey Tony,

I work at SnekTek with John.

I inspected your logs, and it seems like the communication over modbus between the dashboard and the EPEVER controller is not happening. It is likely that the EPEVER controller itself is in a "stuck" state. We have noticed this before even with the MT50 device and I am troubleshooting further on how to correctly mitigate it.

In the mean time, I also just released a new firmware "4.0-6fc029-2020-08-09-06-12" and included a fix that will help us get more information about your issue. When you get a chance, please reboot your dashboard and then once the firmware update is visible, proceed to update it.

Regarding the "debug setting", I made a mistake in my previous post and gave your the instruction for an older firmware. The correct setting for the newer firmware is to enter a value of "1" to enable it. Please dis-regard my previous instruction.

Once your firmware is updated, please send us logs once more to troubleshoot.

Best of luck
Amente
[/quote]
Hi Amente

I have updated my firmware and "Firmware Information" is now showing "4.0-6fc029-2020-08-09-06-12" I also entered and saved “1” as a debug setting. I am still not getting live data.

Just to confirm what I am seeing……..
My MT50 works fine using the same RS485 port and cable so doesn’t this mean the controller is transmitting OK?
The dashboard is displaying the graph page (blank) and logs so doesn’t this mean the SD card is being accessed OK?
Everything worked great at first, the lack of data is a new problem.

Here are the latest log files. I don't quite understand all the txt files on the card so I am sending you all of them.
logs2020,08,09.txt
(427.26 KiB) Downloaded 1227 times
logs08,09.txt
(537.73 KiB) Downloaded 1267 times
data.txt
(30.85 KiB) Downloaded 1261 times
Thanks
Tony
Tonyw

Post by Tonyw »

Hi Amente

I see you haven't downloaded the log files yet, where do we go from here?
Thanks
Tony
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Tonyw wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:54 am
Hi Amente

I see you haven't downloaded the log files yet, where do we go from here?
Thanks
Tony
We will replace the dashboard for you
Tonyw

Post by Tonyw »

I have tried the replacement unit that Jon sent (it is a V4 and the original was a V3)and unfortunately I still cannot get any data to be displayed from my Epever AN5415.

Here is where things stand.

The V3 and V4 are behaving exactly the same.
The V3 was working perfectly when I first installed it including via the cloud. It stopped displaying data after a few days for no apparent reason.
I can access the dashboard both directly (192.168.4.1) and via local wifi
The five meters show “NaN” and “unidentified KwH”
The log keeps showing “Epever Modbus Error Read” and “Main Current sample data is invalid”
Firmware is “4.0-4c05ee-2020-09-06-01-00” previous updates have been no help.
An empty graph is being displayed (no data lines) so I assume the SD card is being recognised.
The blue LED is flashing every two seconds

It would appear that the problem is with the controller which is not sending any data but my Epever MT50 meter works perfectly using any of the three cables I have tried. Doesn’t this mean that the RS485 port and cable are OK?

Am I missing something?
Thanks
Tony