Dashboard has stopped displaying data

Projects related to Solar Power
jonathan

Re: Dashboard has stopped displaying data

Post by jonathan »

Tonyw wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:13 am
I have tried the replacement unit that Jon sent (it is a V4 and the original was a V3)and unfortunately I still cannot get any data to be displayed from my Epever AN5415.

Here is where things stand.

The V3 and V4 are behaving exactly the same.
The V3 was working perfectly when I first installed it including via the cloud. It stopped displaying data after a few days for no apparent reason.
I can access the dashboard both directly (192.168.4.1) and via local wifi
The five meters show “NaN” and “unidentified KwH”
The log keeps showing “Epever Modbus Error Read” and “Main Current sample data is invalid”
Firmware is “4.0-4c05ee-2020-09-06-01-00” previous updates have been no help.
An empty graph is being displayed (no data lines) so I assume the SD card is being recognised.
The blue LED is flashing every two seconds

It would appear that the problem is with the controller which is not sending any data but my Epever MT50 meter works perfectly using any of the three cables I have tried. Doesn’t this mean that the RS485 port and cable are OK?

Am I missing something?
Thanks
Tony
Hey can you post your log file?

Some other things to try:

- Powering off the epever my disconnecting both battery and solar and reconnecting after a few mins.
- ensure your cable is plugged in all the way with the little tabs engaging
- take a video of the dashboard without the plastic cover so we can see the behavior of the lights for about 30 seconds.
Tonyw

Post by Tonyw »

I am attaching the log files from the time I installed the new unit (V4)
i don't seem to be able to attach an MP4 file so I will email the LED video to you
You will notice that the logged data starts at 00 hrs and stops at 06.00 every day for some reason.

I had already tried switching the controller off (both battery and PV's) but forgot to mention it.
Pushing the cables in tight makes no difference.

Tony
Attachments
14 sept logs.txt
(1 MiB) Downloaded 1384 times
13 sept logs.txt
(1 MiB) Downloaded 1320 times
12 Sept logs.txt
(1 MiB) Downloaded 1356 times
11 sept logs.txt
(1 MiB) Downloaded 1389 times
10 Sept logs.txt
(1 MiB) Downloaded 1357 times
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Tonyw wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:43 pm
I am attaching the log files from the time I installed the new unit (V4)
i don't seem to be able to attach an MP4 file so I will email the LED video to you
You will notice that the logged data starts at 00 hrs and stops at 06.00 every day for some reason.

I had already tried switching the controller off (both battery and PV's) but forgot to mention it.
Pushing the cables in tight makes no difference.

Tony

Thanks I got the video and logs. Can you use the MT-50 to confirm the modbus address setting on the epever?
Tonyw

Post by Tonyw »

Thanks I got the video and logs. Can you use the MT-50 to confirm the modbus address setting on the epever?
if it is possible to use the MT-50 for this purpose then I'm afraid I don't know how to do it.
This link shows the full MT-50 manual
https://www.renogy.com/template/files/M ... -MT-50.pdf

Tony
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Yea, so the Modbus ID is the "Device Parameter ID" on page 13
Tonyw

Post by Tonyw »

jonathan wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:54 pm
IT WORKED!
The “Device Parameter” ID shown by the MT50 was 112. I understand that the default is 001. I also read somewhere that using USER settings may change the ID however I have been in USER mode for two years and the Snektek worked fine out of the box.
I changed the ID to 001 and the Snektek worked immediately. My USER charging and battery parameters were wiped out by the change so I had to reset them via the MT50 and everything still works with an ID of 001.
So why do you think this happened? It’s nice to know how to fix it but how do I prevent it happening again?
Thanks for sticking with me, I will return the original unit.
Tony
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Tonyw wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:37 pm
jonathan wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:54 pm
IT WORKED!
The “Device Parameter” ID shown by the MT50 was 112. I understand that the default is 001. I also read somewhere that using USER settings may change the ID however I have been in USER mode for two years and the Snektek worked fine out of the box.
I changed the ID to 001 and the Snektek worked immediately. My USER charging and battery parameters were wiped out by the change so I had to reset them via the MT50 and everything still works with an ID of 001.
So why do you think this happened? It’s nice to know how to fix it but how do I prevent it happening again?
Thanks for sticking with me, I will return the original unit.
Tony
Wow what a long shot. That was my last idea. I have no clue how it could have been changed, most likely it was changed through the MT-50 interface at some point, since they were both set for 112.

Glad it's working now.

I'll PM you the return address.
Jon.
boffin

Post by boffin »

I've had exactly (and I mean exactly) the same issue. I've ignored it for quite a while (probably 2months) but today decided to do something about it after first updating the firmware.
Still no go so I swapped in an MT50 and it took forever to start up - lo and behold, the ID was 112.
The MT50 was only ever connected in the early days to set up battery parameters and has been disconnected ever since the SnekTek module went in. I have no idea how or when it got changed.

I've changed the ID back to "001" and away we go again, back to normal with the SnekTek module.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

boffin wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:32 pm
I've had exactly (and I mean exactly) the same issue. I've ignored it for quite a while (probably 2months) but today decided to do something about it after first updating the firmware.
Still no go so I swapped in an MT50 and it took forever to start up - lo and behold, the ID was 112.
The MT50 was only ever connected in the early days to set up battery parameters and has been disconnected ever since the SnekTek module went in. I have no idea how or when it got changed.

I've changed the ID back to "001" and away we go again, back to normal with the SnekTek module.
Thanks for reporting this. Still unexplained but will figure something out.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Please see post viewtopic.php?p=2263#p2263 for info on setting the modbus ID