New Feature Request Thread for Solar Dashboard

Projects related to Solar Power
jonathan

New Feature Request Thread for Solar Dashboard

Post by jonathan »

Hey everyone, We are really pleased that many people are enjoying the SnekTek Solar dashboard. But some of you are power users that would like certain features added. Please request your feature here so we can easily keep track of new requests. And if you also would like a feature already discussed, please indicate so. More popular features will be higher on the priority list.

Thank you, JON
TripitakaBC

Re: New Feature Request Thread for Solar Dashboard

Post by TripitakaBC »

*MQTT user/pass integration
- Necessary for integration with the Mosquitto MQTT client from the Home Assistant add-on store.

*MQTT QoS enable

*Hardware option with external wifi antenna
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Hi TripitakaBC, the external antenna option is now live.

The MQTT stuff we will look at in the new year.

Thanks for the feature request.

Jon.
JohnH

Feature Request - Read/Set Parameters

Post by JohnH »

Please add reading/configuring settings. Once I get the dashboard device it will replace the bluetooth module and it would be nice to be able to configure the unit through WiFi.
shizenyasuya

Post by shizenyasuya »

I would like to up-vote the feature request to add charge controller controls to the dashboard. It would be nice to be able to remotely shut down the load, and adjust things like low temperature disconnect etc.
A simpler request I have is the ability to customize my voltage range and add a state of charge % based on the minimum, and maximum voltages.
For example, a standard 12 volt range is anywhere from 9 ish volts to 14.8 volts for lead acid chemistrys. This is different for lithium chemistries. In any event, the volts from 0 - 9 are kind of irrelevant and shouldn't take up as much space / any space in the graph

For my own personal setup, I use 2 tesla modules in parallel. The max voltage is 25.2, but I set mine to 24.6 to absolutely prevent over-charging, and maximize battery longevity. and on the low end, I cut off the load at 19.6 volts. This means that all voltages from 0 - 19.6 are pretty useless information for me in the graph. If my voltage is ever that low, there's a huge problem. In effect, what I end up seeing is almost a straight line on my graph because my battery only varies a few volts per day, but that's actually a significant change in state of charge. 20.1 volts is about 10% and 21.1 volts is about 30. But on the graph it's almost a flat line because the dashboard is showing 0 - 25 volts as all having the same importance.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

shizenyasuya wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:06 pm
I would like to up-vote the feature request to add charge controller controls to the dashboard. It would be nice to be able to remotely shut down the load, and adjust things like low temperature disconnect etc.
A simpler request I have is the ability to customize my voltage range...
Thanks for the feature request, you explained it well and it makes a lot of sense to add this.