Solar dashboard Cloud API

Projects related to Solar Power
jonathan

Solar dashboard Cloud API

Post by jonathan »

Hi Solar Dashboard Users,

We are introducing the Solar Dashboard Cloud API. API means Application programming interface. It allows the more technically inclined among you to program custom applications. The API provides easy access to all the Solar Dashboard data endpoints, such as generation status, current generation, current load conditions, etc.

The documentation and sandbox for the api is found here: https://mysolardashboard.snektek.com/API/

You can use the demo account for testing.

Username: demo@snektek.com
Password: password

If you have any any questions or want to share your API based project please do so on this thread!
shizenyasuya

Re: Solar dashboard Cloud API

Post by shizenyasuya »

I'm trying to use the API to access my dashboard and record information to Google sheets. I'm not sure if the authentication method is not supported by the JSON import method I found, but I am having a hard time understanding the API site. The documentation doesn't seem to give a full explanation of how to use the API. It says that when I post my login, a connect.sid cookie is created and needs to be passed back with any further requests, but doesn't give an example of syntax of how to include that cookie with further requests. Ideally, I'd like to make a google sheet that can query the API every minute and get the latest device status and import it into a sheet and then I can use the imported data to display customized graphs that are more to my liking. Am I missing some piece of the documentation on the API site?
jonathan

Re: Solar dashboard Cloud API

Post by jonathan »

shizenyasuya wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:17 am
I'm trying to use the API to access my dashboard and record information to Google sheets. I'm not sure if the authentication method is not supported by the JSON import method I found, but I am having a hard time understanding the API site. The documentation doesn't seem to give a full explanation of how to use the API. It says that when I post my login, a connect.sid cookie is created and needs to be passed back with any further requests, but doesn't give an example of syntax of how to include that cookie with further requests. Ideally, I'd like to make a google sheet that can query the API every minute and get the latest device status and import it into a sheet and then I can use the imported data to display customized graphs that are more to my liking. Am I missing some piece of the documentation on the API site?
I'll try to set up an example in Google sheets