Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
jonathan

Re: Solar Dashboard Project - export data

Post by jonathan »

linux95 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:37 pm
Is there a way to have the solar monitor export the data automatically to another device? For instance, can I have the device automatically send the data live to another device so that I can capture the logs and display how I see fit? I would like to link the device to a mobile hotspot and send the data to another server in the cloud so that I can access remotely. Is this even possible and if so how would I access the code to write the procedure to send the data? Any information you could provide would be great. Thank you.
Hi linux95,

This is possible, there are a few ways to do it. One way is to configure the dashboard to use another port other than 80, set it to a static local IP and port forward the dashboard through your NAT (mobile hotspot in your case) and access it using the public IP. You can see I did this using the demo at http://snekteksolardashboard.mooo.com:8080

Then you can access the data directly with any cloud app.

Another way is to do it is using the mqqt function.

Please send some details about exactly what you're trying to achieve (end result) and we can help.

We are also planning a service that will put your dashboard and data on the cloud protected with your username and password, maybe this will be of interest to you. It will have a very affordable yearly subscription price of about $15. Anyone that is interested please get in touch because we need to pre sell some subscriptions before we put the effort to make this happen. There will be a discount subscription 2 years for $20 for anyone who wants to support this effort. We would aim for a launch in July.

Jon.
linux95

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by linux95 »

Jon,
I would be very interested in the subscription option to post the dashboard to the cloud. It would alleviate the hassle of setting up the router and mobile hotspot. If this is possible, I would be happy to be in the trial group. Let me know the procedure to post the data and I will be happy to start putting it together. I was initially trying to use a mobile hotspot to have the dashboard forward the data to a server in the cloud so that I can access anywhere. The problem I was running into was that using a mobile hotspot, you cannot access devices behind the connection. The IP addresses are assigned dynamically from the cellular company and there is no way to port forward on their devices. I would have to add a bunch of networking gear to do what I want and don't really want to waste the solar that I generate to just view the dashboard :)

I was also hoping to get more information on how to access the log data that is captured on the device. I can see the data while using the dashboard, which is great. However, I was hoping that I could export the historical data to a file that I could import into other programs or even Excel to do trending analysis. As always, thanks for all your help.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Ok here's come info in how to get data off the dashboard when connected to the same local network, or if it's been port forwarded.

Replace http://snekteksolardashboard.mooo.com:8080 with your local IP of solar dashboard
Current gauge data: http://snekteksolardashboard.mooo.com:8080/cur_data/

Historical day data: http://snekteksolardashboard.mooo.com:8080/sdcard/2020/04/11/data.txt

These will give you a json file you can parse.

Of course you can also load the SD card onto your computer and the info is neatly organized by date.
fredivar

Post by fredivar »

Hi,
Also interested in the cloud service as I have a summer cottage with a 4GModem with WiFi, so a I can access my camera which is cloud based too. And as written here earlier, mobile broadband modems get different IP addresses every time, so difficult to access via IP address.
Best regards Fred Ivar, Norway
linux95

Post by linux95 »

Is there a way to access the core OS via SSH or telnet without plugging into the device? Would it be possible to setup a ssh server so that you can access the device? I was hoping to setup a way to access the device to pull data and to administer the device. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

linux95 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:59 am
Is there a way to access the core OS via SSH or telnet without plugging into the device? Would it be possible to setup a ssh server so that you can access the device? I was hoping to setup a way to access the device to pull data and to administer the device. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi Linux95,

There is no operating system running on the dashboard, so you cannot telnet or SSH to it since that is not running on the dashboard. But you can access the data locally through the REST api I describe in post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48&p=268#p268.

I think the cloud service would be good option for you, although I'm still not sure exactly what you're trying to do, big picture. Please elaborate.

Cloud subscription Early Bird Link https://www.snektek.com/shop/snektek-so ... bscription
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

fredivar wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:09 pm
Hi,
Also interested in the cloud service as I have a summer cottage with a 4GModem with WiFi, so a I can access my camera which is cloud based too. And as written here earlier, mobile broadband modems get different IP addresses every time, so difficult to access via IP address.
Best regards Fred Ivar, Norway

Hi Fred Ivar,

Thanks for your interest in the cloud subscription, we have started developing it, making good progress. If you're truly interested, please consider purchasing the early bird subscription: https://www.snektek.com/shop/snektek-so ... bscription so we can feel confident in our efforts.

About your camera, did you say you can already access it remotely? Or you are looking for a way to do that.
linux95

Post by linux95 »

jonathan wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 1:08 pm
linux95 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:59 am
Hi Linux95,

There is no operating system running on the dashboard, so you cannot telnet or SSH to it since that is not running on the dashboard. But you can access the data locally through the REST api I describe in post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48&p=268#p268.

I think the cloud service would be good option for you, although I'm still not sure exactly what you're trying to do, big picture. Please elaborate.

Cloud subscription Early Bird Link https://www.snektek.com/shop/snektek-so ... bscription
Jonathan,
I was attempting to install a ssh server on the dashboard device to attempt a reverse shell to send data to a cloud server. As I stated earlier, since I will be using a 4G cell line, I cannot access the device from the Internet. By implementing a reverse shell, I could offload the data to a remote server and access it anywhere. However, since you implemented your cloud service, I have decided to save myself a lot of headache and just sign up for your service. Let me know what I need to do to implement. I have already purchased the subscription. Can't wait to get it online and try it out. Thanks.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Thanks Linux95,

I saw your order, appreciate your support. Amente is already hard at work getting the cloud online. Accessing the data will be the same REST system except you will have a hosted unique URL instead of the local dashboard IP And you will of course be able to access the web interface as well.

Are you putting your dashboard in a remote location?

Jon
linux95

Post by linux95 »

jonathan wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 am
Thanks Linux95,

I saw your order, appreciate your support. Amente is already hard at work getting the cloud online. Accessing the data will be the same REST system except you will have a hosted unique URL instead of the local dashboard IP And you will of course be able to access the web interface as well.

Are you putting your dashboard in a remote location?

Jon
Jon,
The dashboard is located in a remote off grid cabin that I have. I have a small solar setup but will be expanding it in the near future. With regards to accessing the dashboard via the cloud, will there be additional security added? By this I mean will the URL be secure via SSL/TLS? Will there be an update to the dashboard/cloud interface to include username/password to prevent unauthorized use? I assume that the dashboard will use a push method to update the cloud interface? Thanks again for the additional support.