Solar Dashboard Project

Projects related to Solar Power
Dobster

Re: Solar Dashboard Project

Post by Dobster »

okay I tried the new card, now this one gives me the not initialized error. Put old one back in and it is now doing the same.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Dobster wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:28 pm
okay I tried the new card, now this one gives me the not initialized error. Put old one back in and it is now doing the same.
Hey I can see now that you have some graphs working on the cloud, that means the card is working?
Dobster

Post by Dobster »

Yes, I got it working.Here's what I did.
I powered off dashboard removed the sd card, then i removed the battery to make sure i got a clean restart, reinserted the sd card then inserted the battery, plugged back into charge controller. Everything seems to be working fine now.
Thanks
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Dobster wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:14 pm
Yes, I got it working.Here's what I did.
I powered off dashboard removed the sd card, then i removed the battery to make sure i got a clean restart, reinserted the sd card then inserted the battery, plugged back into charge controller. Everything seems to be working fine now.
Thanks
Awesome glad it's working.

You'll notice the gauge is now auto scaled, it uses the maximums from the chart to determine the scale.

You're making quite a bit of power, is this for an off grid house?
Dobster

Post by Dobster »

I'm still tied to the grid, slowly becoming less dependent on the grid, by moving circuits from the grid to my solar. I have 4 kilowatts of solar, but only have half of them online now, as I recover from my little health issue I'll get the rest up and running. I also have 16 kwh of lipo4 battery backup.
I'm liking the setup so far.
Dobster

Post by Dobster »

Well everything was working, its quit again....
What now?
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Dobster wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:11 pm
Well everything was working, its quit again....
What now?
Hey if everything looks ok on the local connection, go to the cloud tab again and re-enter the username and API key. The SD card needs to be working when the credentials are entered or they are not saved on the SD card. I think in your case you entered the credentials when the card was inop.

If you want to verify, you can check on the SD card it will create a config file with the credentials. They should be there or the cloud will disconnect next time the unit reboots.
Dobster

Post by Dobster »

Its not even working on the local machine now. The yellow light has quit flashing, only have a red light even after restarting.
jonathan

Post by jonathan »

Dobster wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:30 pm
Its not even working on the local machine now. The yellow light has quit flashing, only have a red light even after restarting.
Ok we got you running again. Any more issues?
boffin

Post by boffin »

Just a quick Thankyou - upgraded the firmware this morning and what a great result. Even via a dodgy WiFi connection it was quick. All confit details details work well and now being via the app. makes it all a little easier not having to pull the SD to update the txt file. Well done.